Things to Do in Southwestern Ontario: Festivals and Events
- The Lupercalia Winter Art and Culture Festival, Owen Sound. Each February this festival highlights local bands and musicians in venues throughout Owen Sound.
- The Western Ontario Drama League Theatre Festival, Owen Sound. This five-night event in March showcases award-winning live theatre. It features performances by theatre companies from throughout southern Ontario.
- Chi Cheemaun Festival, Tobermory. This enjoyable three-day community festival in June includes fireworks, a softball tournament, entertainment and a cardboard box race.
- Bruce Peninsula Orchid Festival. With 44 orchid species native to the Bruce Peninsula, this event held each June is an opportunity to learn about these flowers and enjoy the scenery of the Bruce Peninsula.
- Kincardine Scottish Festival and Highland Games, Kincardine. Don your kilt and celebrate the Scottish heritage of the region at this three-day festival in July.
- Chantry Chinook Classic Salmon Derby is held late July/early August. The largest fishing derby in Lake Huron, it is sponsored by the Lake Huron Fishing Club and draws hundreds of anglers for cash prizes.
- Summerfolk Music and Crafts Festival, Owen Sound. Every August, thousands of people come to the SummerFest Folk Festival for exceptional musical acts. This premiere event has launched the careers of many of Canada’s biggest names in music.
- Sauble Beach Festival of the Classical Guitar, Sauble Beach. This event in August draws guitarists to Sauble Beach for workshops with internationally acclaimed artists, student performances, and concerts.
- Sauble Beach Sandfest in August is a fun family event that includes live music, a professional sandcastle competition, and a vintage automobile and motorcycle show.
- Pumpkinfest, Port Elgin. In October, head to Port Elgin for a weekend of activities that include a giant pumpkin growing contest, classic car show, a dance, musical acts and the popular “Pub-kin Crawl.”
I look forward to introducing you to our many festivals and events in Bruce and Grey counties. Come see why this is such a fun place to live. Call me at PEAK® Point Real Estate Brokerage today.